Free Webinars Introducing FOSS4LIB
Last updated May 27, 2015.
Do you find yourself trying to answer any of the following questions?
- Is open source software right for my institution?
- Do we have the necessary skills/support to run open source software?
- Would it be cheaper or more expensive to use open source software?
- What open source software package fits my requirements?
With the financial support of the Andrew W. Mellon Foundation, LYRASIS Technology Services introduces a new suite of tools to help you answer these questions.
Available to all in the library community, FOSS4LIB provides self-guided readiness assessments to help you determine if open source software is right for your library, as well as a registry of software packages to help you find information about open source software service providers, events and usage by peers. With these free tools, librarians and technologists can determine the best approach to leveraging open source software.
To learn more, make plans to attend any one of these FREE webinars:
- July 27th from 2:00 PM - 3:00 PM Eastern U.S. Time (18.00 to 19.00 UTC)
- more coming...
To sign up or to learn more about FOSS4LIB, please see the registration page on the LYRASIS website.