Open Monograph Press
Last updated April 14, 2016. Created by Peter Murray on October 22, 2012.
Edited by David Nind. Log in to edit this page.
Since 1998, the Public Knowledge has been releasing and upgrading software intended to improve the public and scholarly quality of research, and with Open Monograph Press (OMP), it seeks to support a format that remains critical to the advancement of learning.
OMP is an open source software platform for managing the editorial workflow required to see monographs, edited volumes and, scholarly editions through internal and external review, editing, cataloguing, production, and publication. OMP will operate, as well, as a press website with catalog, distribution, and sales capacities.
OMP is designed to assist university presses, learned societies, and scholar-publishers interested in publishing scholarly books in print-on-demand and multiple electronic formats, whether on an open access or purchase basis. As with all PKP software, OMP can be downloaded for free and installed on a local webserver or it can be hosted by PKP Publishing Services.
Among the many features of OMP is its ability to...
- Handle edited volumes, with different authors for each chapter;
- Involve editors, authors, reviewers, designers, indexers, and others in book production;
- See submission through multiple rounds of both internal and external reviews;
- Utilize industry standard ONIX for bookseller metadata requirements (e.g., Amazon)
- Create document libraries for submissions, recording contracts, permissions, etc.;
- Handle thumbnail covers in Catalog, as well as Spotlight features;
- Enable Series Editors to see books through review to publication.